Many users have found issues with their Echo device’s connectivity. There could be different roots from where these problems are surfacing and thus it is important to check the Echo Plus Setup completely and start troubleshooting with Amazon Echo henceforth. Following are some points that can help you with the troubleshooting process to resolve any connectivity issue:
- While checking your Echo Plus Setup, ensure there is no hardware problem with regards to your router/Modem or even the Alexa device. Check this by connecting another device to the route and checking its connectivity.
- . Ensure there is no interest outage in the area and re-check your Echo Plus Wifi Setup.
- Once your Echo Plus Wifi Setup is done, check if your internet speed is compatible with your Alexa device. This can be done using the online Speed Meter.
- Your Echo Plus wifi setup’s router bandwidth should be compatible with the device. For example, it must be 2.4 to 5.0 GHz
Checking up and resolving connectivity issues will ensure smooth functioning of your Amazon Echo Device.
What To Do If Amazon Echo keeps Losing Connection To WiFi?
If your Amazon Echo device unexpectedly gets disconnected, try these following steps to resolve the issue:
- Firstly, ensure that Echo network setup is completed properly. Check whether your Echo Plus Wifi Setup or the router. In case of the problem with the router, check the online guide for Amazon Echo wireless connectivity troubleshooting.
- You can also choose to restart the device and redo the Echo Plus Setup itself to get back the connection.
These steps are pretty much the solutions to resolve any connectivity issues. However, if the connectivity still fails to work, here are some additional suggestions for you.
- Recheck the position of your device. It needs to be kept at 8 inches above the floor and at least 8 inches away from any wall or window.
- Router Place the Echo device close to the internet router
- Ensure that the Echo Plus Wifi Setup is a wireless network with a dual bank. The frequency should be in the range of 2.5 to 5.0. Any range not within this frequency won’t be supported by Amazon.
- All proxy and VPN services need to be shut, as it can block the Echo Plus Setup
For further doubts, use this video guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czOWZ8H9o9g to troubleshoot any problem.